Vision: Faithfully engaging hands, hearts and minds to build strong futures
Why Choose Us?
- We are a small community – where teachers really know their students and cater for their individual needs. With a low student - teacher ratio, students can reach their highest potential in a supportive learning environment
- Highly dedicated and professional educators
- We nurture the dignity of the individual within a diverse social, cultural and rural environment
- We develop the awareness of the importance of a fulfilled life
- Offer a contemporary Catholic education for all
- We offer a modern education highlighted by an extensive technology based curriculum
- Sporting opportunities that encourage our students to be active healthy members of our community. We network with other schools in our local region to participate in a range of team and individual sporting endeavours
- Inclusive education catering for students with additional needs
St Joseph’s Community Principles
A belief and trust in God and an acceptance of his way.
Jesus said, “Love one another as I have loved you.”
To listen to and value all people and be considerate to all creation.
Give people the tools to achieve in life through knowledge, confidence and independence.
To participate enthusiastically, co-operatively and inclusively.
We have a long and proud history of educating primary students of the Adelong region. The school is very proud of its 125-year history as a Sisters of St Joseph school, first established in 1884 just above the site of the Parish church. Today the school boasts great students, teachers and families offering a modern education highlighted by an extensive technology based curriculum.
St Joseph’s has a wonderful relationship with our Catholic Parish – St James Adelong. The children enjoy presenting Sunday masses to the parish and pride themselves in their welcoming and open relationship with the Parish. Parishioners enjoy having morning tea and a cuppa after a celebration of the liturgy for special occasions such as Mother’s day and Father’s day.